rebecca_craven1

LED LIGHTING ADVICE

rebecca_craven1
4 years ago

We have just completed renovating a house, replacing traditional pendant lights in the lounge and dining room with LED down lights with dimmers. However, the lights flicker! I am about to discuss this with the electrician, and have yet to settle the account with him. Having googled flickering LED lights, I’m aware that this is a common problem and understand the reasons why this may occur. I’m now extremely concerned that it’s going to be a minefield trying to rectify it.... is it the bulbs, is it the compatibility with the dimmer switches, is it the LED driver??? I’m expecting a battle with the electrician and would like to know how best to handle this. Am I right is expecting not to pay for the installation of LED lights that flicker? I’m also concerned, that even if they are replaced and don’t flicker initially , they will start flickering in a few months time... as I’ve read this on lots of forums. If I’d have know this, I’d have just stuck to pendants. Can anyone offer any advice? Many thanks

Comments (2)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.