ktd_321

Ensuite refurb, shower enclosure

Anon 121
4 years ago

I am planning refurb to our ensuite shower room, actually just floor tiles and shower that needs replacing. Budget is quite tight so hoping we can keep the existing wall tiles as they are good quality. My question is, when we take out shower enclosure there tiles there are obv more used and will have holes where enc is fitted. Planning a bigger, less frame shower, would we get away with just doing different tiles in shower area, or will that look odd? any ideas? Thank you.

Comments (3)

• J C
    4 years ago

We did exactly as you are proposing and when we took away the shower glass/frame, discovered that the holes left were actually very neat and small. We changed our shower base to a large oblong as the room size could take it and changed the screen to one large frameless screen. We simply filled the small holes in the tiles with a color matched grout, and they were virtually invisible, possibly helped by the fact that I think the eye was drawn to the larger glass screen and the greater simplicity of the lines. Hope it works for you too!

• Sonia
    4 years ago

You can most certainly do that. Loads of examples of different tiles in shower areas on Houzz. However, if budget is tight, then what JC says sounds like a really good idea. I would fill the holes with matching grout as JC suggests, and then see how you feel it looks. I love it when a bold coloured tile is used in a shower, but they look great even with something more subtle.

• Anon 121
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Thanks for replies. That is interesing what you found JC, I think we will try removing shower enc first and see what we find. Would be great if we could just fill holes and install new screen, can wait for an easy to clean screen!!

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.