annavall

Wetroom without a shower screen?

annavall
4 years ago

I posted a while back about our minuscule bathroom in our loft extension, currently only containing a sink and toilet. We are going to squeeze a shower in there too, as an extra batheoom for guests etc.

The best option I believe is to keep the shower and toilet on the same (outside) wall, but to have space enough to sit on the toilet we need either a screen that can fold in OR we skip the screen all together and have a "proper" wetroom.

I haven't found a lot of photos for ideas, has anyone here either skipped the screen themselves or seen some examples of it?

I have attached a photo of the existing offensive room, one of measurements and one to give you an idea of folding wall.

Thank you!

Comments (5)

• minipie
    4 years ago

Sorry this doesn‘t answer your question but just to suggest an alternative layout - I would choose a smaller sink, then you can put the toilet under the window, and the shower in the space to the right of the toilet. You could have a 750x1200 shower with a screen (maybe even a door). It would be a little bit of a squeeze getting past the loo to the shower, but not bad if you choose a compact toilet, for example this is only just over 60cm projection https://victoriaplum.com/browse/close-coupled-toilets?csi=HARRCC01S&ds_kid=92700046204559813&gclid=Cj0KCQiA5dPuBRCrARIsAJL7oejKqkXXEgmB_Mm3446e_2CyC0qLRqM_idRGLom1AMp6ImUp5T_lEBwaAhTsEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

I have seen plenty of examples of what you suggest - in cheap holiday accommodation years ago ;)

• Kazza None
    4 years ago

Weve got an en suite wet room without a screen. But it's only 110cm wide, so the shower at one end, sink I nth middle and toilet at the other end. The only caution I would say about a wet room is the tiled floor. It's a bit cold. Colder than a plastic tray. If I did it again I would look at low profile modern shower trays for warmer feet. :-)

• annavall
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Thank you both,

re moving the toilet - it might be too tricky as the opposite long wall with the window is the back of the house, with an extension below, so moving the soil pipe there (and getting access) might be too difficult.

tiles - definitely know the cold tile feeling :- We are having underfloor heating in there, so hopefully it won't be too bad.

• minipie
    4 years ago

Yes I see. It depends how the joists run under the bathroom floor - if they run front to back (ie along the long dimension of the room) then you may well be able to run the soil pipe from the window to the back wall, under the floor between the joists. If they run the other way... much harder!

• annavall
    Original Author
    4 years ago

thanks minipie - indeed, nothing would surprise me, the amount of botched odd jobs we've had to fix in this house since we moved in is crazy!
    I will definitely keep an open mind to the layout.

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.