what colour bi -folds & roof lanterns.

HU-368198179
19 November, 2019
last modified: 19 November, 2019

Hello, I have got a 1960s brick house, which i am totally refurbishing and adding a single storey extentino out the back. I cannot afford to render the whole house, so i think sticking with white windows is the best option. However, i cannot decide what colour the bi-fold doors out the back and the rooflights should be? - i always think white bi-folds look a bit plain. the extensions will be rendered and there is a window next to the bi fold.

any ideas advice would be hugely appreciated! - you can see the floor plan showing the location of the roof lights and bi fold doors.

many thanks

Oliver

• Tani H-S

I’d probably go black or grey for the back. Our last 60’s house we put black bifolds in and painted the old porch black and it made a massive difference.

HU-368198179 thanked Tani H-S
    Sky House Design Centre

RAL 7016 is a popular colour for bi-folds however there are over 700 RAL colours to choose from which can be shown at our design centre in Amersham.

HU-368198179 thanked Sky House Design Centre
  • Daisy England

As said black or grey.

HU-368198179 thanked Daisy England
    Origin USA

I have to agree with Sky House Design Centre 7016 Anthracite grey is the most popular colour for bi-folds which can then also be matched throughout the home. However, it depends on the vibe you'd like for your home. I'll attach a few images so you can see a range of colours too. :)

The classic 7016 Anthracite Grey

Dual colour of slate grey outside, white inside.

Jet Black

HU-368198179 thanked Origin USA
  • HU-368198179

Thanks All.

Design By Kurys

I agree, anthracite grey would tie in with the rest of the house, the roof tiles and pointing etc. Much softer than black, grey will be more sympathetic to the style of building. I would also frame the new bifold entrance way with some evergreens planted in large clay pots if you can afford this. This will make the rear elevation far more welcoming and interesting and enhance your fabulous new doors! See following link: Soft Landscaping

• Ribena Drinker

Personally, I would choose any colour other than anthracite. It's becoming the magnolia of the window frames, uninspiring, over used and often badly used, not in keeping with a property.