webuser_368198179

what colour bi -folds & roof lanterns.

HU-368198179
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

Hello, I have got a 1960s brick house, which i am totally refurbishing and adding a single storey extentino out the back. I cannot afford to render the whole house, so i think sticking with white windows is the best option. However, i cannot decide what colour the bi-fold doors out the back and the rooflights should be? - i always think white bi-folds look a bit plain. the extensions will be rendered and there is a window next to the bi fold.

any ideas advice would be hugely appreciated! - you can see the floor plan showing the location of the roof lights and bi fold doors.

many thanks

Oliver

Comments (13)

• PRO
    Sky House Design Centre
    4 years ago

RAL 7016 is a popular colour for bi-folds however there are over 700 RAL colours to choose from which can be shown at our design centre in Amersham.

HU-368198179 thanked Sky House Design Centre
  • Daisy England
    4 years ago

As said black or grey.

HU-368198179 thanked Daisy England
  • PRO
    Origin USA
    4 years ago

I have to agree with Sky House Design Centre 7016 Anthracite grey is the most popular colour for bi-folds which can then also be matched throughout the home. However, it depends on the vibe you'd like for your home. I'll attach a few images so you can see a range of colours too. :)

The classic 7016 Anthracite Grey

Dual colour of slate grey outside, white inside.

Jet Black

HU-368198179 thanked Origin USA
  • HU-368198179
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Thanks All.

• PRO
    Design By Kurys
    4 years ago

I agree, anthracite grey would tie in with the rest of the house, the roof tiles and pointing etc. Much softer than black, grey will be more sympathetic to the style of building. I would also frame the new bifold entrance way with some evergreens planted in large clay pots if you can afford this. This will make the rear elevation far more welcoming and interesting and enhance your fabulous new doors! See following link: Soft Landscaping

• Ribena Drinker
    4 years ago

Personally, I would choose any colour other than anthracite. It's becoming the magnolia of the window frames, uninspiring, over used and often badly used, not in keeping with a property.

• PRO
  • sleekydeak
    11 months ago

Hiya, what did you go for in the end? We are having the same discussion at the moment as all our house is white but we love the anthracite colour of bifolds. We are going with a white roof lantern (but anthracite outside) and anthracite bifolds but I'm a bit worried that it might look odd with the rest of the house white!

• Ruth House
    11 months ago

hi sleekydeak, just thought I'd add, we have just had black bifolds and black kitchen window on ground floor rear extension. The rest of our windows are white on the inside (pale grey outside). It looks great, it doesn't look odd to have the mismatch at all so long as they are not directly next to each other.

• sleekydeak
    11 months ago

Thanks, we have gone for anthracite bifolds but will have white windows in the rest of the house. All very exciting, hopefully it will look fine!

• PRO
    Bespoke Glazing Design
    4 months ago

@sleekydeak do they look good?

• sleekydeak
    4 months ago

I love them, I wasnt sure how it would look but we have white windows all over the house and a white french door next to it but anthracite bifolds and they look good, so pleased we went with anthracite!

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.