webuser_136746814

External Crittall Style Door Advice

Katy Middleton
4 years ago

Help needed, Crittall style external doors - we are having a kitchen/diner/living open plan style extension build in jan and can't seem to decide on the style of doors! We know we want the crittall look (can't afford the real deal!) there are lots of companies around imitating with aluminium, but do we go french doors with fixed panels or sliders? We have a 5 meter opening, have any of you had these style doors and if so what style & company did you go with? Tia :-)

Comments (4)

• PRO
    Rukmini Patel Interior Design
    4 years ago

Hi Katy,

What beautiful choice you have! Love crittal style doors/windows. Ok so what I suggest is to think about how you are going to use the doors - sounds weird, but if you are carting large bits in and out I suggest sliding doors. Also if you like to see the view without doors blocking the view then sliders are the way forward.

However if you quite like the look of French doors opening out then go for those.

It all really depends on how you are going to use them and if you want them to give you a certain look? Would love to know what you go for!

Hope that helps :)

• Katy Middleton
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Thank you Rukmini, we definitely won't be carrying large things in and out so I'm thinking the patio doors might be best, we have a 5 meter opening so hopefully we would still get the view? Now following you on insta, love your style :-)

• PRO
    4 years ago

Aww I'm so pleased for you! Think the patio doors would look lovely! Ah thank you for the follow :) xx

• HU-803361535
    3 years ago

Hi,

It would be very interesting to know the price difference between Crittal and an alternative. I know Crittal costs about £2000 per sqm. @Katy Middleton if you see this post (I know the thread is old) then maybe you can share? Many thanks!

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.