victos

2020 best laid plans?

victos
4 years ago

Hi, thanks for taking the time to read this.

I am in the process of arranging for architectural drawings to be done. I have the attached idea of what to do, but would very much appreciate it if anyone could help me.

I have attached the current and my proposed with basic measurements.

Please let me know if you need more information.

The extension involves knocking down the existing link detached garage. Together with demolition of utility, toilet and back of the kitchen (which is a 70s extension) and creating a new kitchen dinner (replacing the current walls with steals), study/spare room, shower room and utility/side access area, together with creating new external side access to the garden. We have estimated the area of new build to be 40m2.

Any thoughts would be great.

Thanks again,
Sarah

Comments (6)

• Ellie
    4 years ago

For me, it would bench better is the downstairs wc was accessible from the main hallway, rather than having to go long way round.

• Ellie
    4 years ago

would be better.... no bench, sorry!

• Jonathan
    4 years ago

Alternative

• kiwimills
    4 years ago

That second plan with the sep laundry / pantry items is a winner.
    IMO

• cushioncover
    4 years ago

Like the second one of Jonathan's with the side access.

If you could squeeze in a pocket door across the lobby to front bedroom and bathroom, it could become a proper en suite for guests.

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.