toria_jamieson

Ideas for non tacky-looking bath splash guards please?

Toria J
4 years ago

I have a shower over a corner bath which suffers from water going over the edge and down to the floor.

I'm looking for a better curtain setup*, but I think I will still need something to stop the water. Preferably clear or grey, as the bath suite is cream (I know, I know).

However, most solutions I have seen online either look cheap or will be a magnet for mould, or both.

There are replaceable silicone seals which may do the trick - has anyone tried these please?

Maybe in combination with a piece of acrylic which I can remove to clean?

I like this, but I suspect it's an accident waiting to happen in this particular bathroom (the bath is next to the sink), plus it seems like overkill to have it full length when I only need a few inches.

https://www.screwfix.com/p/aqualux-splash-guard-semi-frameless-polished-silver-200-x-1400mm/7064t

I'm also thinking of getting a lodger, so it has to be something easy to use for someone who may not care about getting water on the floor!

*Ideas for effective curtain rails also appreciated.

Comments (3)

• hock79
    4 years ago

We have that (or very similar) shower screen along with a shower curtain on our bath, it does a great job of stopping any water getting past the shower curtain. It's a standard bath though. We got it because I saw it used in a lot of hotels I stayed in and I figured they would know best the most practical/easy clean shower-over-bath solutions!

We've had no mould whatsoever on it (there is no seal at the bottom edge) and it's too narrow to get in the way of anyone getting in/out of the shower. Looks really good still and it was installed over 6 years ago now!

Toria J thanked hock79
  • PRO
    Sara Levy Designs
    4 years ago

Hi Toria, can you please post a picture so i can see exactly what you are talking about?

• Toria J
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Just before pulling the trigger on the above splash guard, I realised the trim between the tiles and bath would prevent a screen from sitting flat against either the wall or bath. Doh!

I'm currently looking at using a piece of (tinted, glass-like) acrylic along with some smart chrome trim or shelf brackets. Hopefully, it won't look too much like a bodge...

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.