carmen_klammer

What colours help kitchen blend into home studio (work space)

Carmen Klammer
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

I'm redesigning my kitchen to be sleek and organised and give an elegant, stylish feel to the main room (the apartment entrance is directly into this room, which I use as my home office and dining rooms as well = dining table is also my office table).

Low ceilings (2,40m). The kitchen is in a corner 3,30m long and 2,19 - plan attached. The island is on the other side now as opposed to the plan.

Question 1: What colour is best to use so it gives an elegant sleek feel?

I like the cement effect. (see http://www.laminam.it/ontop/en/ screenshots attached)

But should it be white? (floor is white porcellain boards, wood effect).

Question 2: If I use cement effect kitchen cubboard doors, grey or antracite, should the cupboards be the same colour or better white?

Question 3: I'm thinking of having the island on wheels so I can move it when I get bored or need space. Are there any reasons why this would be a bad idea?

Question 4: I am thinking of not having kitchen cupboard go all the way to the top as I believe it will be too heavy looking. Am I right?

Any suggestions are very welcome!

Thank you so much!

Comments (6)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.