design3586

Masculine Urbanity

Misha Andersen Design Ltd.
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

Just because you’re renting doesn’t mean that your flat shouldn’t be decorated the way that you want it. This project that we’ve recently done is all about how to respond to our young professional client brief in a short time and on a budget.

As we couldn’t change walls and floors, we focused on the comfortable space layout and started with purchasing key furniture pieces to enjoy their Marylebone life and entertain when guests are around. We were looking for versatile items like modular sofa, comfortable sitting area and dream size bed.

Designed to create a modern city aesthetic, the atmospheric contrasts statement matt white and textured tables with tactile velvets and subtle upholstery. Gold accents enliven the scheme and inject a sense of warmth. Linear patterns and occasional accent of colour to add some fun.

Important part of this project to curate art pieces purchase, that’s for sure could be taken to any other destination when the time comes to leave London. Hypnotic trendy art supporting clean lines and minimal form of this masculine proposal.

Our advice; don’t be put off buying key pieces like art or furniture just because you’re renting. In Misha Andersen Design we are happy to work to your budget to create the space that inspires you and to help you make the right items selection for your new temporary home.

Comments (9)

• Patrina
    4 years ago

I know what this post is meant to portray but I think this post is unconvincing with just one photo. I know Houzz is a bit of a pain at the moment wh3enit comes to uploading pics but; your whole thread lacks granularity and does not translate to "masculine urbanit" to me.

• Daisy England
    4 years ago

I found the title worrying ;-))

• Ribena Drinker
    4 years ago

I see a few posts have been deleted. I wonder why?

• hugo woddis
    4 years ago

I like the subtlety of this design; too often I see designers using overtly bold colours to make a statement, which doesn't really appeal to me. The art looks great.

• Patrina
    4 years ago

@@Ribena whare is your other post?

• E D
    4 years ago

I am fairly masculine :) but I find the flat a little too ‘corporate’ / hotel-like.

I‘d prefer some more homely details, although the brick walled bedroom appears a little ‘warmer’ than the other rooms.

• Ribena Drinker
    4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

Patrina do you mean this one?-

"I thought it read like a pretentious, word salad full of nonsense buzz words like 'curate'. Advertising on the cheap. " I can still see it! LOL

Oddly I viewed the page in another browser without logging in and I couldn't see my posts either. Someone isn't happy with having their work criticised and then wheel in a friend (who has only ever posted twice, always on their comments) to post some more word salad. Quite pathetic really.

All I'll say to all these people, if you don't want genuine criticism, don't set yourself up for it. Simple.

• Patrina
    4 years ago

Yep that one I can't see it in the thread ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.