wood18view

cloackroom basin advise

Priscilla
4 years ago

Hello Houzzers, Our plumber just fitted the cloackroom basin, but the look I envisaged is not working. 1st picture is the fitted basin which doesn't seem to look good. I'm thinking if I change the look to the 2nd picture it will look. The basin we bought hasn't got a vanity unit and to keep cost down I was thinking to purchase a standalone wall hang vanity unit to cover the popeworks. I'm wondering if the latest look I want to achieve is better, or leave it as it is? please any suggestions that will make it look nice will be much appreciated. thank you in advance.

Comments (22)

• Patrina
    4 years ago

I agree with covering up the pipework. One advantage of having the second option is having somewhere to store extra hand towels, loo rolls etc. The top pic looks like its hung a bit high? don't know could be the pic. Perhaps the you could have a floor mounted vanity?

• Priscilla
    Original Author
    4 years ago

I Patrina, thank u for taking the time to advice. I agree hiding the pipes will look neater and the storage will be handy. I will update you with progress
    thanks

• E D
    4 years ago

I don’t think the way it is now isn't so bad, but it might depend on what the rest of the space looks like.

Can you share photos showing that?

• Darren1111
    4 years ago

Definitely change it for the 2nd pic

• Priscilla
    Original Author
    4 years ago

thank you Ed, more pictures following. @ Darren, I pop to idea to see if I can get a cabinet. @ Oneplan - my installer has got a big smile on his face with your comments. nut I'll see if I can get cabinet as a compromise. thank you all

• minnie101
    4 years ago

• minnie101
    4 years ago

• minnie101
    4 years ago

I don't mind the exposed plumbing. I think I would add a floating walnut shelf which I think would look better centred to the mosaic tiles as shown (think it works with the door opening). If you want to disguise the plumbing then add some rolled towels etc

• E D
    4 years ago

Make sure there is enough space for a cabinet.

Also, because it needs to be a small one, storage space may be disappointing.

Another drawback of a cabinet is, it might get damaged and start to look tatty.

• Sonia
    4 years ago

I think he’s done a really neat job and it looks great. I feel it looks odd stuck in the corner rather than central to the lovely mosaic tiles. A vanity unit is always welcome in a bathroom, think of all the storage!

• Priscilla
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Yoh are right Sonia, he's done a good job. regarding the mosaic and the center- its such little details that takes all the appreciation away but I wont complain because I cant fit it myself. lol.

• Priscilla
    Original Author
    4 years ago

this is the complete work with the door in so we would live and see.

• Priscilla
    Original Author
    4 years ago

fnot accessories yet. any ideas will be much appreciated

• Emmanuelle
    4 years ago

Nice... I would add a plank of oak/ walnut/ salvaged wood on the shelf behind the toilet with plants, rattan baskets etc... and towels on display: I like to use nice face flannels. John Lewis have lovely ones! It just need some

• Emmanuelle
    4 years ago

Oops!
    It just needs wood and fabric to warm up...

• Priscilla
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Thanks Minnie101 and Emmanuelle. I'll try the suggested accessories and keep you posted.

• Priscilla
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Hello everyone, thank very much for your advice and suggestions. I wanted to share the final look we achieved. Have a nice weekend all

• Priscilla
    Original Author
    4 years ago

apologies all the picture look wonky. lol

• Patrina
    4 years ago

Looks fab :-)

• Sonia
    4 years ago

Well done! That looks great. I love the soft colour pallet.

• Priscilla
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Thanks Sonia.

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.