adrian_cobb1

Help with kitchen/diner planning

Adrian Cobb
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

We were hoping to redo our kitchen but have since thought it may be wise to knock through to the dining room. I am just after advice/ideas on how to best plan the space.
Currently we have the dining table in the kitchen and use the dining room as more of a play room. It's a little tight with 6 people at the table (not often).
Using the dining room with the table means we could have more units in the kitchen but we'd sacrifice the playroom space.
I believe taking the wall out would mean the table could sit between without losing either aspect, plus we could push it one way or another to suit the situation.

Adrian's ideas · More Info

This is my current kitchen. The dining room is through to the left with french doors to the garden on the north wall and double doors to the lounge on the south wall. So opening it up would have the added benefit of brightening up the kitchen too.

I was thinking of moving the units on the left to the southern wall creating a galley type layout with the dining table separating the kitchen from the family room type area.

Comments (23)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.