mayada27

Mediterranean inspired back yard project

mayada27
4 years ago

I've been working on this project from concept and design to what I am sharing now...still some more to go but it is 90% there. We just hosted 15 adults and their 10 children for a late lunch and the garden 'worked' exactly as expected joy and appreciate your comments

Comments (13)

• mayada27
    Original Author
    4 years ago

As of last week

Backyard · More Info

Backyard · More Info

My home · More Info

My home · More Info

My home · More Info

My home · More Info

• mayada27
    Original Author
    4 years ago

By night...

• mayada27
    Original Author
    4 years ago

With the lanterns lit up....

• mayada27
    Original Author
    4 years ago

The view from the roof...

• nmlondon
    4 years ago

Beautiful...reminds me of Abu Dhabi/Dubai - we have just relocated back to the UK after a few years in AD.

• Patrina
    4 years ago

Looks great, refreshing not seeing a square lawn. Also love the lighting. Looks very hot wherever this is hopefully you were able to make use of some kind of solar energy to light your garden.

• mayada27
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Thanks for the compliments. This is actually in Cairo-Egypt, and whilst the circles are indeed beautiful in their own right, they also serve a purpose to visually fix the awkward shape of the garden. Not sure if you noticed, but garden tapers off to 60% of its width...needed to blur that and circles avoid the eye rushing down the acute angle

• mayada27
    Original Author
    4 years ago

as for the lighting, unfortunately not solar but all LED lights including the lanterns and spot lights. in fact the whole house is LED lit inside and out...

• mayada27
    Original Author
    4 years ago
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><md>it is my home
  • mayada27
    Original Author
    4 years ago

It actually is my home, and other than the brickwork, patio and laying the lawn which I got a contractor to do, the rest of the garden is me and my shovel and wheelbarrow....including the lighting.

• Sonia
    4 years ago

Lovely garden and I can see you are very proud of it. Thank you for sharing it. Looking at that sunshine longingly from a damp and rainy Britain.

• mayada27
    Original Author
    4 years ago

The weather is indeed holding up quite well over here this year, early thirties Celsius in the morning and mid teens at night....

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.