mark_scotter

Replacing kitchen units without removing the worktop

Mark Scotter
4 years ago

We completed an extensive refurbishment of our house a few years ago and we simply did not have sufficient budget to include an entire new kitchen as well. We therefore repurposed the existing units in a different configuration and purchased a new worktop (12mm Neolith Estatuario Silk).

The units are now looking a little tired and old and need replacing i.e. not just the doors but also the carcasses.

Question is does anyone have any experience in replacing full kitchen units whilst leaving the worktop in place. The worktop is very expensive and would not want to risk moving it.
Also we have a waterfall worktop over the island unit. Does anyone know whether the units can be replaced and whether the end panels which seem to be attached to the worktop with silicon can be detached.

Any comments / suggestions would be gratefully received.

Comments (3)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.