webuser_386598564

Bathroom renovation in first home

Jam Jar
4 years ago

Hi everyone

Hoping to get some advice here before we take the plunge and order our new bathroom. We’ve recently purchased our first flat, it’s an ex-rental so is looking a bit... tired in some places! Houzz is definitely giving me a lot of inspiration :) I’ve attached a photo of the bathroom work in progress to give an idea of the space in question - we’re replacing the tired old plaster and adding some much needed insulation at the same time as putting a new bathroom in.

Currently the basin is below the window. We’d like to move this onto the wall with the toilet. As the basin waste pipe will still come into the room under the window, we’re planning to box it in, maybe turning it into a niche to store some bottles/face cloths. Alternatively we can just make the boxing as small as possible and not have any cutouts. Can anyone suggest what sort of size they think it should be?

I’ve attached a before and after rough layout below. New suite has a 700x1600 bath and 600x460 basin in the plan. If any measurements are missing which would help please let me know :) we are fitting a new three-piece suite, with a rainfall shower and handheld shower above the bath. This will be controlled from a three valve thermostat, with the third valve operating a overflow bath filler instead of having traditional taps.

A final question - any suggestions on how much of the room to tile? The ceiling is just over 2.7m. We love these tiles https://www.porcelanosa.com/uk/rodano-acero-31-6x90, but don’t know whether to tile the whole room to the ceiling, part tile or potentially tile to 3/4 of the room height inspired by the last photo.

Thanks so much in advance for any help you can provide :)

Jill

Comments (4)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.