anitha_vijay

Add a bedroom in 2bedroom bungalow

Anitha Vijay
4 years ago

We are planning to buy this 2 bedroom bungalow which we rented (for 5 years and emotionally attached). We would like to add 1 more bedroom(2 if possible). And would like to extend kitchen as well as the current one is not sufficient for me. And we need one extra bathroom as well , either attached with bedroom or seperately. Could anyone give an idea, how this could be extended? The plot is huge and I am planning to extend at the rear. The beauty of this house is, every room has a garden view at either front / back gardens and it's always bright and sunny.

I don't mind a open kitchen with dining area , rather than seperate dining room. But require lots of storage.

As you see in picture, hallway is as big as a bedroom. Any idea to get some space from there? And Laundry room is reasonable size. Its ok to incorporate washing machine and dryer in kitchen as well.

Please give your suggestions.

And what would be the approximate cost for this extension? We are living in South west.

Or is it a better idea to go and buy a 4 bedroom house?

Please advice, as this is our first house and we have no idea, which is better option?

Please excuse the picture, as I don't have the house plan.

Thanks a lot.

Comments (8)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.