bertiejohnson

Bathroom design dilemma

Bertie Bear
4 years ago

Hi I've tried to post regarding this a couple of times and it doesnt seem to work so i'm going to try writing the query first and then uploading photos... fingers crossed third time lucky!

So we're trying to finalise the layout of the bathroom which has been made much bigger following our home extension :) The problem is we've never done this before and were so not ready for all the decisions that come with any sort of building project! Now we're being pushed on the final layout and are really struggling to decide what would be best.

The room is 2900 long by 2970 wide. The door is pretty much central to the room. There is a 1200 wide window which is just off centre.

We've not chosen sanitary ware yet but have used estimates when trying to configure the layout.

Key concerns are:

- is it unpleasant to be able to see the lavatory closely from the bath?

- is having a loo right behind the bathroom door odd and impractical given the size of the room?

- if the bath went behind the door we could get a stopper put on the bath panel to stop the door banging against it

- if the bath went under the window is it impractical for when you want to open the window?

I'm sure there are loads of things I've not even thought about so any comments, suggestions or design advice hugely welcomed please. Really want to finalise this today as it has been dragging on weeks and I dont want this to start holding up the builders...

Thank you so much in advance for any suggestions.

B

Comments (11)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.