victoria12345

Kitchen layout ideas

victoria12345
4 years ago

Hi, we’re in the process of planning a kitchen refurb... in my dreams I’d love a full ground floor extension but that’s some way off so our very dated kitchen needs updating in the meantime. For that reason I’m keen to keep the budget as low as possible, but rather than just replace like-for-like I’d be interested in ideas on how to best maximise the space - especially in terms of storage, countertop/prep area and sociability of the space.

Plan attached, together with images of the existing kitchen and drawings from benchmarx who have quoted for new units following the same basic layout (although installing a full height cabinet in the alcove next to the fridge which currently has dual aspect windows).

The windows and door to the side of the room face the side alleyway of the house - I’m keen to keep the door for access, and most of the side windows if possible for the light.

The large breakfast bar (or something equivalent) is essential - it’s where the family and all visitors inevitably congregate. But again, I’m open to ideas on alternative options.

Thanks in advance!

Comments (12)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.