patrizia_pucci54

Lighting advice for kitchen extension please

Patrizia
4 years ago

Hi there clever people of Houzz!

Lighting advice needed please. Do you think the below lighting plan works for our new kitchen extension? We’re trying to stay away from it being overly bright and stark, but understand it needs to be practical especially in the kitchen. At the moment we have a mixture of spots, wall lights, pendants and strip lighting (under the top kitchen units and in the sky light.)

Main concerns we have:

• The island is 2m x 1m with the hob central to it – how many spots do you think we’d need for task lighting here (both chopping and cooking). Is two enough? Where is it best to place these?
  • Pendants over island – would these look better in a row as per plan or cluster of three (with smaller sized pendants) at the end where there is seating. The spots and pendants would be on different circuits.
  • Not enough light at the dining/sofa end? We only have two spots and two wall lights here. The ceiling at this end of the extension is lower than the kitchen end, with a height of 2.4m

Any other advice most welcome! Thanks

Comments (4)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.