ben_callis

Ideas for office/guest bedroom

Ben
4 years ago

We live in a 2 bedroom tenement flat and our current second bedroom is primarily used as an office and occasional guest bedroom for when parents and friends stay.

It is used as an office on average 4 days per week and only used as a bedroom for guests once every couple of months (usually for 3 or 4 days at a time).

Currently there is far too much furniture in the room: Double bed, Desk, Wardrobe, Chest of drawers and a media cabinet and it feels fairly cramped.

The room is 3.72m x 3.45m with 3.2m high ceilings. The room is north facing so does not get a massive amount of light.

In order to try and increase the light in the room we have painted the walls in FB Tallow and fitted a light brown carpet.

We are looking for suggestions on layout to best utilise the space and make it a more inspiring place for its primary use as an office. The wardrobe and chest of drawers can both go and the bed could potentially be replaced with a sofa bed or daybed. We still need some storage for bedding and other items but these could be stored in a more stylish unit such as a sideboard.

Current room with Tallow walls and carpet.

How the room was when we moved in (gives a better idea of size)

The desk which I would ideally like to keep

(55cm x 175 cm)

Comments (14)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.