sonlane

Dekton - edging of waterfall and seams

sonlane
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

We have decided on a Dekton Entzo counter-top in our G shaped kitchen, with a waterfall effect on one side of the counter-top (entry to the kitchen).

Our kitchen designer has opted for a 12mm and the waterfall edge they are just wanting to use a non-mitered edge. It seems to me they feel that with a 12mm it can’t be mitered. Is this correct?

Photo of non-mitered edge is not of mine (one I found on another thread from many years ago) but this effectively is what we would get - though I don't think they are planning to continue the design down the waterfall for ours. I think this looks terrible.

Our 2 pieces are being cut at different times due to building work on the lower portion of the waterfall (building out the steps). If it cannot be done, my solution would be to have them cut a piece that has no veining on the top portion that meets the counter-top, so that the counter-top edging blends into the colour of the top piece - white.

Also can anyone give advice on the seams – obviously we have them as it had to be cut, it looks fairly good, and they will be filling it with a white filler, however my question is, is there a specific product that should be used as it will be a lot of wearing on this (cleaning etc).

many thanks to all,

Sonja

Comments (3)

• PRO
    Fable Kitchens
    4 years ago

It can be done but it's extremely difficult to create the waterfall edge on-site & post installation - not only to cut the angle in situ, but also to get the matching print cascading from the surface top down to the side slab. Is there an option to have it removed and completed in your stone suppliers workshop?

• PRO
    Schmidt Dorking
    4 years ago

Hi Sonlane,

The miter joint is usually more pricey, if it fits your budget you should be ok doing it. Otherwise, choosing a non-mitered edge brings the quote down. If you choose this option then go for a drop down that doesn't look like a continuation of the pattern.

The filler for the joint should be one approved by Consentino to be used on Dekton, if it is approved and who is fitting the worktop is experienced, you shouldn't have problem with water and cleaning. If you are worried, try to get the brand they'll be using so you can check if it is approved by the brand.

But if you check their manual here, they give directions and suggestions. Basically they say " Mastic or silicon can be used as an adhesive, due to the rigidity, minimal expansion and excellent dimensional stability (straightness, squareness, bending, warping) of Dekton material." And these are resistant to water and cleaning.

Hope that helped... :)

Good luck with your project,

Schmdit Kitchens Dorking Team

• Mark Scotter
    4 years ago

We have 12mm Neolith estatuario and it is mitred edge with waterfall. It certainly can be done and looks so much better than non-mitred

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.