an1uk

TV and 5.1.4 living room, in front of window - or unused fireplace

Alan Newman
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

Window sills are 30cm up from the floor, and face roughly South/South-West. This living room is used primarily by just myself. As the property is rented I don't want to go too crazy. Diagrams to scale.

I have more furniture than I'd ideally like in this room. One possibility would be to replace a double bed in a little used spare bedroom with a pull-out sofa bed, and move some into that room.

For reference here's a diagram of current layout.

Any other thoughts welcome. Many thanks.

Option 1: The room as it currently is. I'm not particularly pleased that the TV covers a window. However, with the room laid out lengthwise it feels more spacious. This also provides room to comfortably add an armchair should I wish.
Option 2: TV in front of disconnected fire. I did have the room laid out more like this previously. I felt the room layout was a little more cramped. The fireplace hood is decorative and can easily be removed. The speaker layout sounded a little better this way. A positive is it is not possible to see the desk from the sofa.
Option 3: Move the TV centrally between the windows, relocate amplifier and turntable (might be difficult due to cabling), place speakers more centrally in the room so they don't directly obstruct windows (suspect they'll feel in the way like this)..

Comments (2)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.