alexandra_stone5

Potential house layout dilemma

Alex S
4 years ago

We are considering a move and have found a property ideal in every way, apart from the size of the actual house itself. We are looking to make a move to have our horses at home and so need land etc, and this property has it all externally, but we can't decide whether compromising on the space internally would be worth it at this stage as we have 2 small children.

It's a 3 bed semi detached cottage, but smaller than our current 3 bed (which we've extended into a lovely home). Quite a bit of higgledy-piggledy space downstairs, but upstairs is the main concern. This is the floor plan:

It's hard to know whether extending would be possible at this stage, but how would you extend this to create more upstairs room? I wondered if you could go up above the room between the kitchen and utility and perhaps slice a bit off of the bathroom and bedroom 2/move the doorway, which would give a slightly smaller bed 2 but another room..

Comments (5)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.