slcampbe

colour scheme help!

slcampbe
4 years ago

I am moving into a new build soon so pretty much have a blank canvas, we’ve chosen a light natural carpet in living room, stairs and bedrooms and the kitchen we have chosen is grey/ white which is open kitchen/ diner. All walls are currently white and we won’t be able to paint or wallpaper initially due to new plaster.

Now I have the task of colour schemes, the sofa we like is a charcoal grey- a kind of suede/ soft worn leather. I didn’t want to go a bold colour with the sofa as I’m not brave enough and think a ‘safe colour’ will be more timeless. I just need any advice that you can give with regards to colour schemes. I’ve been told that grey is ‘going out of fashion’ but I like it as a kind of base to work with. I do want to avoid a complete grey house so didn’t really want to go with grey or silver curtains. I have seen a deep emerald green curtain but wondered if they would be too dark with the sofa and make the room look small or would they would complement the room. I also like baby and think dark rich colours can look quite classy (I could be very wrong) I would then accessorise with lighter green, if choosing emerald green. I could then flow this colour through to the kitchen and have a deep green velvet finish breakfast bar stool- or blue if going baby, keeping the dining chairs a deep grey and neutral curtain in the dining area. Those were my thoughts, my partner isn’t sure about green but is ‘leaving it to me’ and I’ve had mixed comments when mentioning green. Which is fine I value different opinions but if that won’t work- what will, help! I’m a lover of pink and have even seen emerald green and pale pink together- pink would have to be minimalistic as (unfortunately!) I won’t be living alone! But I’m happy to discount pink completely. Any advice, tips or suggestions would be appreciated.

Comments (17)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.