timelesssashwindows

BEFORE and AFTER - Victorian Dublin terrace

BEFORE

Victorian terrace, Dublin · More Info

AFTER

This is a Victorian terrace that was purchased in a poor state and needed a full refurbishment to improve the energy rating for cosiness and thermal efficiency, as much as the aesthetics for comfort and beauty in the home.

Timeless Sash Windows were delighted to be commissioned to work on all the original old timber sash windows in the property – reapiring or replacing the sashes where necessary and renovating the frames in situ.

Here are some images of the property as it was before the renovations began:

To maintain the heritage of the property and the area, we keep the original designs of the timber sashes combined with the latest techniques in the manufacture of timber windows.

The owners chose to paint the windows RAL 9016 white inside, to brighten the rooms, yet have a modern and fashionable look outside by painting with Farrow & Ball ‘Railings’. You can see from the photos below, the look that is achieved with two tone painting, and is the ultimate in design flexibility.

These are some more photos After the project was completed:

Summary:

Timber – Mahogany

Paint interior – RAL 9016

Paint exterior – Farrow & Ball Railings

Ironmongery – Satin Chrome

Glazing – 4 /4 /4 double glazed slim units with Krypton gas and a warm edge black spacer bar, toughened glass

U-value – 1.8- 1.9

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.