vick_patel29

Help with ground floor layout - architect has left us in the dark

Vicky Patel
4 years ago

So we are planning on doing an rear and side extension and had our plans put together/ submitted by an architect in hindsight we naively used (previous home owner’s architect that knew the house and done plans in the past) and now that I have paid in full claims he has retired and being very unhelpful :(

Now we have started to get kitchen designs on the weekend we have realised a few problems with the position of the utility room:

• the door to the utility is in an annoying position for the kitchen layout as it doesn’t allow us to have enough units by stretching them from wall to wall and therefore need to move it somehow

• the utility is too narrow to house the megaflow (in a cupboard) and double American fridge freezer and therefore making the utility unpractical both space wise and the external window being blocked by the above two

• it would of been nice to have had the utility go to the garden so it can be used as a boot room (we have two young boys so they attract mud)

Does anyone have any advice on how to best re-layout the ground floor area to better use the floor space and be a more practical layout?

Comments (15)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.