mag499

injecting life into a dark room ....but how ?

mag499
4 years ago

We have a long (deliberately) dark lounge- 7.5m x 3.8m wide. Lots of little alcoves/ returns limit the movement of furniture as does the wall mounted Tv. I actually love it dark - as the rest of the house is bright and sunny as this room is shadowed at both ends by bushes and a canopy porch. It already has 3 walls painted in F&Bs Eating Room Red which is gorgeous. The plain silk curtains & plain L shaped leather sofa match this almost exactly. The floor is light travertine tiles. My question now is what do we do with the final back wall - continue the deep red or go for a different / dramatic wallpaper? After that how do we manage the accessories / accents / finishing touches to really bring it to life as its really bare right now? Ive seen so many beautiful rooms here on Houzz that also have a dominant dark colour running through everything and they work beautifully! What do we need to do ? Ive attached a mock up (although the colours aren't quite accurate! ) and a photo of the curtains to show how rich the colour actually is. Any advice on accessories / accents / lamps / pictures would be really appreciated. Thanks in advance for your creativity & input!

Villa Redferno · More Info

jamesthomas, LLC · More Info

Auburn Residence · More Info

Comments (10)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.