peachypear

What’s the cause?

peachypear
4 years ago

Hi, I’m rubbish with building and diy knowledge so I thought I’d ask you experts!
Over the last couple of months I’ve noticed a water mark and damp/mould in corner of upstairs window.
Obviously we’ve had a lot of rain, I am due to have whole of house repointed next month as there’s little holes everywhere, could that be the cause? But I’ve also noticed the upvc window in question has started to get misty at times.
What’s people’s thoughts on cause and solution?
Many thanks

Comments (2)

• Huw Buckley
    4 years ago

It may well be condensation, so possibly worth getting a dehumidifier. Misted up glazing units could be the unit has blown, but they can be replaced without the whole window being replaced.

• obobble
    4 years ago

Also check the sealant around the exterior of the frame is good. Water could be getting in around the frame if not.

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.