gabby247

New flooring making the dining table look too orange?

Gabby Wong
4 years ago

Soo... no pics of a direct comparison as I thought I had, but now can't find it and now we've put the table into storage... sorry!

Basically we have an oak dining table, that we want to keep and my OH loves... and we've fallen for Karndean Van Gogh birch flooring... which is paler in colour, but like the texture of it as well and the finish..

It's relatively light wooden floor effect that works really well with the kitchen etc we've chosen, however I'm worried that it'll make the dining table too orange by comparison...

I know the obvious answer is to change the floor we choose or change the table... but can anyone think of other solutions that would help?

I'm wondering about a rug under the table (although the OH doesn't think that's a practical idea for when people drop food etc. plus we're planning on getting a dog..)

The other pics have snippets of the table in to get a slight idea...

So any other bright ideas from you clever people? would a rug be sufficient do you think? Is it always going to bug me? (he really doesn't care... as far as he's concerned, we like the table and we like the floor... job done! LOL)

Comments (15)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.