webuser_874467629

To pay or not to pay

Micky
4 years ago

Hi Guys!

• After two terrible tiling jobs in a wet room and finally getting the tiles done properly in the remaining floor by a third tiler (hired by the same plumber that hired the other two bad tilers) I'm supposed to pay the remaining E650 quoted for the labor. (I already paid E300 for plumbing job in bathroom). After spending an extra E800 in new tiles from an independent shop so the bad tile job could be rectified I'm thinking not to pay them at all as I consider that I already paid more than enough (THEY would actually owe me at least E150 ). I also think they are illegal as no contract or detailed info was given at any stage of the whole bathroom renovation (plumber was asking for payment in cash). They were also charging me for materials that were not even necessary like extra trims, extra glue, etc. Am I entitled to refuse to pay as I had to buy extra tiles because of their mistakes? I would appreciate any opinion.

Comment

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.