webuser_738543985

Architect or interior designer for full refurb?

Rich G
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

Hi,

Trying to work out if I need an architect or an interior designer.

We are refurbishing a house in Hove, East Sussex, it needs everything, windows, plumbing, electrics etc.

I need someone to pull the project together in terms of not only what colours etc. we go for, but flooring, where to layout furniture, plug sockets, lighting. Also do we re-use the old skirting, what style of windows to go for. We might have to move a door to get a good layout in the front room.

We are (most likely) knocking a wall & chimney down to create an open plan kitchen / diner.

Proposed rear layout, although we might consider a small extension as knocking down the chimney is super expensive.

It would be great to give something to the builders to work from.

This is why I’m confused about which service I need, happy to take recommendations, I’ve looked at online interior designers but they seem to charge per room, which is not what we’re looking for.

Looking forward to your comments!

Thanks. Rich

Comments (13)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.