bubblesbathrooms

Black Brassware

Completed bathroom, what do you think about the black brassware?

Comments (13)

• PRO
    bubbles bathrooms and tiles
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Thanks for your comment, i know black brassware isn't for everyone, with a water softener and regular cleaning is should be absolutely fine.

• Ribena Drinker
    4 years ago

No 'before' then?

bubbles bathrooms and tiles thanked Ribena Drinker
  • Patrina
    4 years ago

I live in a hard water area and wouldn't entertain black taps and shower accessories. Yep I know water softners exist and I enjoy cleaning.(Just not that much).

bubbles bathrooms and tiles thanked Patrina
  • E D
    4 years ago

Ah Patrina, we can see you again! ;-)

Yes water can probably leave stains more visible, but I’m also wondering wether the black ‘coat’ is prone to coming off or to damage, more so than with brass/chrome.

bubbles bathrooms and tiles thanked E D
  • Patrina
    4 years ago

Lol ED yep I'm back :-) I too wonder about wear and tear. Apparently these taps are lazer powder coated. Durable but not chip proof.

bubbles bathrooms and tiles thanked Patrina
  • PRO
    Brandler London
    4 years ago

In a domestic setting, it would be extremely unusual for the taps, shower heads, etc., that are properly powder coated, to be damaged.

With regards to "hard" water, the limescale would be visible, but there again this is also the case with any other finish of fittings.

In my opinion the problems of limescale are not addressed properly during house builds or renovations as it is often considered to be a luxury that is not really necessary.

I disagree with this and strongly believe that a filtration system should be installed to dramatically reduce the effects of limescale. The costs are not great these days for such a system, and neither are the filters, which are easy for the average homeowner to replace themselves.

The effects of these filtration systems are a longer life for your heating system, your plumbing system, your panware and of course your kettle, etc.

bubbles bathrooms and tiles thanked Brandler London
  • Sonia
    4 years ago

I don’t like it. You can’t beat a bit of stylish brass, which just improves with age.

bubbles bathrooms and tiles thanked Sonia
  • Jules Mc
    4 years ago

I like it but not with the chrome curved shower screen . It needs a sleek black metal one. Totally at odds with each other IMHO.

bubbles bathrooms and tiles thanked Jules Mc
  • PRO
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Thank you for all your comments, as I've said previously i know black brassware isn't for everyone but the customers fell in love with it and have a softener to help reduce the limescale. We always discuss the pros and cons of have a finished tap that isn't standard chrome but they were still happy to have it. They have a long guarantee on them, the shouldn't peel but like any tap whether its chrome, gold or black they could scratch.

On the other hand, their bathroom is different and unique to them and we have a very happy customer.

• Ribena Drinker
    4 years ago

FWIW I think it looks too stark and utilitarian, certainly not something I'd go for.

• PRO
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Ribena Drinker, thanks for your comments, the pictures were taken on the day of completion so there an't any plants, towels or trinkets once they are in i think the bathroom will feel a lot better ad less stark.

• Ribena Drinker
    4 years ago

I meant the actual brassware is too stark and very unforgiving in appearance. it's just not my cup of tea.

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.