chabbaa

Decorative edging along fence/around Artificial grass

chabbaa
4 years ago

We are having the middle area turfed over with artificial grass. There will be a gap of around 50cm each side of the grass between the edge and the fence. The idea is to run planters (likely made from decking as trying to be cost effective) along the fence to cover this gap. However, as you can see on the left, there is some concrete below the fence. It will be impossible to dismantle this concrete without having to build a retaining wall or extend the gravel boards.
So thinking of solutions...
Is it possible to, between the timber edging of the artificial grass and the fence, put some weed membrane and decorative pebbles/stones, covering the concrete, and levelling over, then placing the planters on top?
Or any other ideas or ways to make the edging around the garden between the fence and the edge of the timber decorative - while preventing any weeds or grass growing through from the neighbouring garden.
Thanks
Note: We do not want flowers around the edges. However are happy with plants/trees.

Comments (7)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.