webuser_687735611

Ideas needed on how to update hallway and stairs

Alison Martin
4 years ago

As we come in the front door there are two very dated wood and glass wall partitions, one into the dining room and one at the bottom of the stairs, which does have a small radiator on it. I want to get rid of or change them but have no idea what to do. Any ideas would be most grateful.

I’m also going to get the stair walls skimmed to get rid of the artex and want to change the lighting - currently a very 70s orange light!! I was thinking a couple of spot lights would be best but open to suggestions. Also, what trade should I contact for doing this? Obviously an electrician would be needed for doing the lights but would it be a builder or joiner to fill in the hole where the current light is?

Any suggestions for a different kind of bannister would also be appreciated. The stairs are quite narrow.

Thank you!

Comments (7)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.