kristendr

Laying wood look porcelain tiles

kristendr
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

I’m wondering if these look laid correctly? The tiler says the box says the tile shape requires between 200 and 250 mm overlap. Also, I am thinking of doing either a dark brown or charcoal colour grout. Which would look better? These tiles will be in a rectangular kitchen with white shaker style

cabinets and a fairly square living room laid in the same direction as the kitchen...

the brown grout or charcoal ? I keep reading darker is better and I think the lighter browns will stand out too much...

Here is a charcoal grout sample:

And will it look strange if the long axis of the tiles are perpendicular to the long axis of my sofa? It will be this way if the tiles are to be in the same direction in the living room and kitchen, which seemed to work best in person. I thought horizontally looked best in kitchen, even though it’s a rectangular room... the living room is more square ...

Here is the kitchen and ground floor plans:

Thanks for the advice!!

Comments (32)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.