Have I made a mistake? (Dark apartment)

HU-559599644
29 July, 2019

There is ( / was) an apartment (a living room + a smaller bedroom + a (very narrow) kitchen + a balcony I thought I may want to rent. However the rooms seemed dark to me. (Well there was certainly some light, but you could never see the sun from any of the windows). The amount of light was similar to this room https://www.houzz.ie/discussions/5756296/help-with-this-room#n=3 (it was certainly not any "sunnier" compared to this one).

I´ll try to add the photos later today (don´t have them with me right now). However - as for the amount of sun, the bedroom (Where I would have to spend 90% of my at home time) is north-orientated (in northern Europe) and it is a 1st ground flat.

Now I regret declining it as the district seems lovely to live in. (Narrow streets with lots of café, a nice park,..)

Have I made a mistake ? (I know - it is almost impossible to tell since you did not visit the flat yourselves !!) - I am, therefore, more interested in knowing whether lack of (direct) sunshine (enough sun) and having one of the rooms with windows facing a very busy road has ever made you regret renting a place?

Or is the lack of sun a fixable problem even if would be just a rental and I am NOT allowed to paint the walls and cannot afford any pricey tech-gadgets?

I really feel sad about it as it is one of hundreds of apartments in my city where I would be also allowed to keep a pet.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thank you so much.