webuser_242866

master bedroom makeover

AG Interiors
4 years ago

Our clients asked us to update and renovate their bedroom giving specific attention to new wardrobes and better storage and better lighting. The scheme needed to accommodate their sleigh bed and small bedroom chair which had been handed down from their parents - the rest could go …..

The room was rather tired and unloved and looked a bit drab and uninviting as shown below

We did a floor and furniture plan of the room, designing new wardrobes on the opposite side of the room, designed a window seat to make the most of the bay window, built-in bedside tables, a new lighting plan and a presented a decorative mood board which is a really useful tool for the client to get a good idea of the proposed scheme as seen below …..

The renovation took about 4 weeks to install

It was rewired, decorated , the chimney breast had to be widened to accommodate the sleigh bed , the wardrobes, window seat and bedside tables were installed, a new carpet laid, new roman blinds and pelmets fitted and the little bedroom chair was reupholstered …..

The outcome was an elegant and contemporary new master bedroom which was now inviting and a calm space to relax in …..

Quite a difference - what do you think ?

The client had a lovely small bedroom chair which had been handed down through the family which they were keen to keep - we had it reupholstered which gave it a new lease of life and works really well in the new bedroom …..

Before …...

After …...

How pretty is this now …...

Comments (2)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.