laura_price49

dull bathroom...

Laura Price
4 years ago

Hi, we are in the final stages of our house refurb and I would like some ideas/advice on reasonably cheap ways to brighten up our white and grey bathroom which is still a work in progress. What colour(s) would you use to brighten it up? Thanks..

Comments (13)

• rinked
    4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

Have you selected a vanity, mirror, blind, floor and tub side yet?

Some seablue and light wood would go lovely with white and grey.

And perhaps a patterned floor.

• Laura Price
    Original Author
    4 years ago
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><md>Yes we’ve got a tall unit, sink unit, mirror cabinet. The floor is due to go down is mid colour wood style vinyl. I think it just will need a bit of like breathing into it to stop it being so grey
  • Laura Price
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Thank you I do like the sea blue and wood theme idea x

• rinked
    4 years ago

Then wall paint is your cheapest option, I guess ;)

• Sonia
    4 years ago

It’s a nice bathroom, just needs all those extras that make it cosier and more interesting. Things like towels (teal, yellow and aqua look lovely with grey), mirror, art and plants. I think black can also lift a grey bathroom too so try black framed mirror, art and towels. Sometimes people forget about art, but it can add so much interest to a bathroom.

• Laura Price
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Thanks! Love the plants! Xx

• Huw Buckley
    4 years ago

Towels, bath mat and blind in nice punchy colours I reckon! Sonia, love those towels, where are they from?

• PRO
    At No 19
    4 years ago

Shocking pink also

Remodelled en suite bathroom using concrete effect tiles · More Info

Remodelled en suite bathroom using concrete effect tiles · More Info

works a treat with grey

• Maths Wife
    4 years ago

I'd lighten the grey on the walls as it's quite dark.

Make a bath panel and tile the panel and floor to match.

I'd go for a blush / pink. Add a palm and good blind.

• Juliet Docherty
    4 years ago

It depends what you want the focus to be. At the moment, my eye goes straight to the grey is it is very contrasting with the tile. If it were my bathroom I would match the wall paint colour to the tile exactly and then when the flooring goes in that will draw the eye.

• Laura Price
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Thanks for the ideas. Liking both pinks and definitely will be incorporating plants..

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.