beano49

so I made a bathroom unit and mirror!

Beano
28 July, 2019

As some of you know I like things that’s hard to get or in my case, sometimes don’t exist!

Decided the give the bathroom a quick revamp, existing bath, taps, basin and toilet all still there as they are like new and I still like them, didn’t want to spend anymore than about £500 as I’ll prob do a major revamp next year! All told I spent £350 on everything:-)

We were always stuck for storage as I never seen anything I like so after looking at a few things at silly money I decided I’ll make my own!

The mirror was cut with rounded edges and bonded to an aluminium frame I made which floats it off the wall, like the mid century feel to it with the brass mirror, the unit carcass a friend made, I ordered aluminium sheet cut to size, angled the corners and bonded to the unit, it was painted black as was the edges of the door and inch in on face so when the the door mirror was bonded it would all be black.

As a feature the door face is recessed in 5 mm from the flush face of the unit and has a 5mm gape all round....I’m well chuffed!