gabby247

Lighting plan ideas and thoughts?

Gabby Wong
4 years ago

Hi,

So we've finally started our extension, and I was starting to think what we want in terms of lighting layout.

This is what I've come up with so far..

The light blue would be spots, and green will be pendants.

The 4 in the utility room are already there, so I'm hoping we can leave them as is.

The pendant at the bottom of the kitchen will be in the pantry (I presume a pendant will be cheaper than a spot)

My other half is really keen on spots (not entirely sure why) but I plan on having lots of lamps in the living room to create softer light options and ability to vary the mood. I much prefer soft lighting!

We're not planning on top cupboards above the sink area, but thinking of either maybe some wall lights? or a shelf with a strip LED light under it so that worktop has some lighting as well. Hence the pink line/dots

I wonder about LEDs around the island, under the top or around the base? but I'm not sure re cost/too excessive etc

I also wonder about having some sort of soft lighting running around the edge of the ceiling lantern in the living room...

Do you think this is enough?

Too much?

any other ideas?

Thanks!

Comments (10)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.