anne_ticehurst64

Thinking outside the box for our utility room flooring

A T
4 years ago

We tried to get lino laid in our small utility room before we moved in. We had plywood sheets laid over the original floorboards, but then the wrong lino turned up four times which meant we had to move in and plumb the washing machine in before the floor was finished.

Moving the washing machine out again for lino to be laid is a minor issue compared to everything that's gone before, but it's making me think about other options. The utility room is just a small room off the hall with a door to the garden - almost a corridor - so the floor has to handle muddy feet and be easy to clean.

I'm wondering how easy it would be to paint/stain/varnish/whatever the ply ourselves, to create something that looks good and is easy to maintain. Has anyone done anything similar?

Comments (2)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.