shelleyuk

Double vanity or a bit more space?

shelleyuk
4 years ago

We are about to gut and redo our en suite bathroom. Its a decent sized room for an en suite 2.5m x 3.5m. It was last done circa 1990 judging by the fittings. We currently have a toilet, a bidet, a double vanity (two sinks) and a large shower cubicle. In the new design I would like a bath.

The house is fairly high value (over a million in an area where property is fairly cheap) but it is our forever house and so we are planning on being here for the next 20 years unless disaster strikes.

I am contemplating a single vanity unit rather than a double one since the bath is already going to make the room feel smaller than at present. Its still fairly large (1200mm) but only has one sink. Is this a mistake in terms of house value?

For further context there are 6 bathrooms in this house so it isn't like we are all fighting over one sink..

Comments (35)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.