hzdeleted_11993414

herringbone wood floor

User
4 years ago

I am getting a herringbone floor laid and I would love some advice.
Question 1, which direction to lay arrow pattern, pointing towards window or towards left wall where I will have my upright piano as the focal point of this small room? The width wall to wall is 3.01m the depth to windows is 3.25m.
Question 2, should I run a “frame” of planks on the wall sides/all sides of the room or let the pattern run in under the skirting board? I thought a frame edging might make the room look smaller?
Question 3, How to transition from the dining room acacia wood floor to the new oak floor? I currently have option of a saddle board between the two which would be level to both floors or an oak T-profile to sit between the two which would give a very small ramp. Thinking of painting/staining the transition black due to the colour difference between the floors.
Any advice please?

Comment

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.