webuser_118000932

Furnishing teen boy’s (small) room!

HU-118000932
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

Help! I’m not good at this stuff. I need to furnish my son’s bedroom. Attached is my rough plan of it.

ideally we need storage space for clothes, books, a bed and a desk.

any suggestions?! Any advice gratefully received - even if it’s where to put the bed! It’s painted a light grey. Thanks in advance!

Comments (13)

• PRO
    Detail Movement Interiors
    4 years ago

Hello! There is no plan attached. Could you possibly upload it again?

• HU-118000932
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Couldn’t Attach the image for some reason?!

• HU-118000932
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Thanks so much for taking the time to do this. It really is small so very difficult to place furniture! X

• rinked
    4 years ago

You have just about the same layout as my boy's room!

How much space is there between radiator and the 215 wall?

• HU-118000932
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Really? The corner is quite annoying! It’s approx 83cm. Would interested to know what you e done with your son’s room.

• rinked
    4 years ago

Well, currently he's 4 and still sleeps in a toddler bed (150x70cm) against the top wall.

The 'niche' against the bottom wall is the only place we can fit a 'big bed', and it's just 2005mm.. Fortunately there's 98cm between wall and window, so a frameless bed would hopefully fit. Otherwise I'll have to build some sort of chest, 38cm deep, to come flush with the chimney, but then the bed would have to go to the left because of the radiator, preventing the wardrobe door from opening.. I don't want the bed to go sideways in front of the window, for it will need to much floorspace, as the top wall is the only place we can put a desk (or trofast boxes for now).. On the left we've already placed an open bookcase (billy) and 100+50cm wardrobe (pax 40cm deep). The chimney has a concrete base sticking out, which we can't remove, so have to work around that too. Already lifted up the bookcase on top of it, closed off the bottom part.

• rinked
    4 years ago

Would it be possible to get a narrower (+thicker) radiator?

How far from the floor is the window sill?

• rinked
    4 years ago

Here is my layout in your room:

HU-118000932 thanked rinked
  • HU-118000932
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Thanks so much for your advice! It’s a small space and annoying that there’s that weird corner. Still he‘d rather move in there than share a room with his younger brother any longer! Thanks for your help.

• PRO
    Brandler London
    4 years ago

Interestingly enough Sam Potter had a similar situation and there were some great ideas posted to her thread which you can find at https://www.houzz.co.uk/discussions/5719375/tiny-student-study-sleep-space

HU-118000932 thanked Brandler London
  • HU-118000932
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Thanks so much!

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.