kawinteriordesign

Neff wifi appliances is this the future

Hi all Neff have now launched WIFI appliances , i am interested to see peoples views on the benefits and the negative points.

My business is just about to put these in the showroom , and showcase.I will try and answer any questions or comment on any negatives.

Although WIFI appliances have been out for a little while , a big brand like Neff is going live with it.

Comments (4)

• Jonathan
    4 years ago

Yeah- a lot of brands have this. I kinda like that you can check the contents of your fridge from the supermarket, switch on your oven from the office and the clocks all reset themselves after a power cut.
    It will be even better in the future when any faults can be diagnosed by someone at the end of a phone so the engineer is more likely to make a repair should they need to visit because they know what to expect.

Kaw interior Design thanked Jonathan
  • AMB
    4 years ago

I have quite a few Wi-Fi things around the house - hue light bulbs, a nest, Sonos and Echo etc. Personally, I can live without them and sometimes it's actually annoying to have to use your phone. Turning the heating on half an hour before you get home using Nest is good, but that's about it. Personally, I don't think kitchen appliances using Wi-Fi is a game changer or even any use. I wouldn't want my kitchen appliances turning on while I'm not in the house. That's a safety hazard. New ovens don't need pre-heating these days so what's the point?

I really like induction hobs though. That's great technology - cheap, efficient, safe, easy to clean.

What new functions are Neff introducing?

Kaw interior Design thanked AMB
  • PRO
    Kaw interior Design
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Hi

Neff have now changed there ovens to wifi, this will allow remote control, so it could be a case you are at work , and you may wish to pre heat oven , or literally you could clean the ovens remotely .

there are options on coffee machine , dishwasher and fridge as well as the hob and hood working in tandem , we have just literally installed in our showroom , and now use with amazon echo show.

We are using the amazon products , but google products are a option.i will be able to give more feedback on them soon as we have a working kitchen to showcase the appliances

• PRO
    Brandler London
    4 years ago

I have to say that I am a lover of Neff appliances, however personally I would not be interested in their wifi range or using them in conjunction with Echo.

The technology is wonderful, but I spend enough time on my smart phone as it is.

For me cooking is relaxing and hands on and gas hobs with electric ovens are a must... I enjoy the fact that technology, other than the major improvements in the appliances themselves, does not play a major role.

Having said that I am of the older generation and I am sure that a lot of the tech/gadget loving people out there may well have a different approach.

Having a brother in law who is such a person, I would say that he always buys the latest innovations/gadgets and then after a short period of time they generally languish unused and unloved.

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.