ernesta_survilaite

Underfloor heating upstairs (UK) Cons and Pros

We building a house in London and my husband is debating whether to put the underfloor heating upstairs or not. He says that putting radiators will not look as neat in the room, but I'm worried that having underfloor heating will make the air in the house very dry. Any cons and pros are very welcome.

Thank you in advance

Comments (2)

• Leila Rasheed
    4 years ago

I don't think it will make the air dry, but it may be difficult, depending on the material your upstairs floors are made of.

• minipie
    4 years ago

UFH works best with tile or stone or concrete floors I believe, none of which I’d want upstairs in a UK house. You could have engineered wood, but again in the UK people will want lots of rugs on it and that will reduce the efficacy of the UFH.

I would suggest finding vertical radiators as these can go in much more unobtrusive locations - behind a door for example.

I don‘t see why it would make the air drier than any other heating though.

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.