beckyboo2909

What is a good amatuer 3d software??

Becky
27 June, 2019

Hello

I am planning my rear extenstion and I have architect plans and planning permission all in place. What I need help with is working out the interior space. I am using tracing paper to draw out potential plans for the kitchen and where to put what but it would be really useful to see this in 3d from different angles.

So, do any of you fellow Houzzers use any software that is relatively easy to use and doesn't cost a fortune??

• Daisy England

I use Opus when kitchen planning. I’m sure there are options on it for other rooms (it’s just that I dont use anything but the kitchen planner).

Becky thanked Daisy England
  • Dora Matthews

Try Roomstyler, lots of inspiration from other users too.

Becky thanked Dora Matthews
  • Gabby

Home by me there is a free option as well as a paid one.

Relatively simple to use, can copy a floor plan you already have..In theory there’s an option for a “realistic 3D” view as well. But I’ve never found it, not sure if that’s paid only

Becky thanked Gabby
  • Becky

Thank you Daisy, Dora and Gabby! will have fun trying these out!!

• minipie

Do any of these work on a iPad please? Lots seem to be desktop only.

• Maths Wife

I use floorplanner.com i believe there's an apple app for that.

Rob Thompson Furniture maker

Try Sketch Up. There's a free version. You start with Pro but after 30 days you lose a few functions but I doubt you'll miss them even if you actually use them for what you're planning.

• Heather

Homebyme is really good for internals, furniture layout etc.

• minipie

thanks