grazule

Improved layout with minimum changes

grazule
4 years ago

Hi, our house had an extension added years ago that we wish never happened. See the plan attached. A study was added, and the kitchen was extended alongside (previously it had been aligned with the dining room).

Clearly, I hate having the fridge in the hall behind the door and also the dark corridor to the study room.

Initially we wanted to rebuild the extension but we would need to wait for years until we had enough funds. Now we'd like to get away with minimum changes as the new kitchen is an expensive project on its own.

Below is how we think it could work for us. But there's as small problem, the kitchen door again. Wherever it opens, it blocks something. I wonder how it would have been originally, as we are planning to move it back to its old place.

Any ideas and suggestions? We do not want to connect the kitchen with the dining room or the utility room. Not sure if we can use the storage room space, as some of it might be under stairs.

Thank you for your time and advice!

And yes, we have that old-fasioned serving hatch and we might choose to keep it.

Comments (14)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.