jonathon_charles_garden_design

Planting schemes

A recent scheme, planted in April and flourishing. In an era of ‘no maintenance’ gardens with plastic lawns and very little planting, it was amazing to have to opportunity to put together an extensive scheme.

• Ribena Drinker

It's just a shame you didn't include more photos, I'd be interested to see more of it.

Jonathon Charles Garden Design

I’ll add more as the scheme matures. It’s early days for a perennial planting of this nature- 2 months. This shows a shot of the longest border that gives a very good account of the broader scheme. You can, at least, get a feel for the rhythm of the planting.

• nmlondon

It looks very lovely, could you possibly add the names of the plants, I can only recognise (hopefully) foxgloves.

Jonathon Charles Garden Design

Of course:

Here’s a few:

Eremurus cleopatra
    Salvia nemorosa caradonna
    Deschampsia goldtau
    Rose: golden celebration
    Nepeta 6 giant hills
    Rudbeckia goldsturm
    Digitalis

The list is huge but this will get you started!

• Emmanuelle

The back view, framed by the trees and plants is beautiful... it must be a nice spot to sit on this bench...

Jonathon Charles Garden Design

Yes, for sure. The garden was designed to funnel this view on several different layers. It’s a beautiful site and the view is spectacular.

• nmlondon

Thank you Jonathon Charles Garden Design, that is very helpful, will definitely get me going.

• E D

I agree with Ribena. More photos would be better.

I appreciate it will evolve but that too will be interesting to see (if indeed you’ll keep us posted). :)

Jonathon Charles Garden Design

More photos are always better, for sure. I am due to revisit the site in August, so will take some further photos then.

Jonathon Charles Garden Design

As promised a few extra shots... later Summer with the grasses and Rudbeckia threading through the borders.