Advice on copper kitchen taps

HU-571533022
25 June, 2019

I am thinking of having copper door furniture and taps in our new kitchen but wondered if there are any pros and cons I should consider - I haven't seen anything on line.

• Daisy England

Door furniture you’ll be fine but personally I’d be wary of it on taps if you’re in a hard water area as limescale might collect around the spout.

HU-571533022 thanked Daisy England
  • Jonathan

Lots of manufacturers have copper coloured finishes in their range so you will likely be able to find one you like. It probably is coloured aluminium as copper will turn blue.
    As far as limescale goes I think you have that potential in any tap regardless of finish.

HU-571533022 thanked Jonathan
    Brandler London

Jonathan is spot on when it comes to limescale issues, however there are some great manufacturers out there that do a copper product.

I came across this company at the Clerkenwell Design Week recently and loved their products - https://www.thewatermarkcollection.eu/

It should be noted that they lacquer their copper products which means that the finished is maintained with no issue relating to corrosion or oxidisation.

HU-571533022 thanked Brandler London